BUSINESS START-UP SUPPORT
We provide bespoke, end-to-end support to disadvantaged 16-30 year olds who have the ambition to start their own business.
- Investment Readiness – information and support with turning their Bright Idea into a realistic and viable commercial business with a strong business proposition and a robust financial forecast;
- Mentoring – a dedicated entrepreneurial Mentor who has successfully built their own business and who has committed to nurturing their mentee. BIT Mentors have a strong desire to pass on their real world business experience to the next generation and can also introduce beneficiaries to their networks and contacts as potential customers. They give their time on a voluntary basis;
- Expert Business Support – specialist business advisors in areas such as accountancy, law and marketing. These experts are often employees of BIT’s corporate partners who volunteer their time as part of the employee engagement element of their company’s corporate social responsibility programme;
- Funding – access to apply for initial funding of up to £25,000 through a start-up loan
- Training & Education Programmes – a wide range of training programmes including business readiness workshops and specialist skills master classes, aimed at equipping would-be young business owners with some of the tools required to get their business started and established
- Events & Networking – regular get-togethers where new business owners can meet with each other and more experienced business leaders to discuss challenges, share experiences and get support.